Thursday 2 January 2020

An overflowing blessing

Genesis 24:22-49 
The detailed account of Isaac's marriage highlights the guidance of God. He directs the life of His people. This is our testimony - 'the Lord...has led me on the right road' (48). The great lessons of this story are stated in verse 27 - (a) the 'steadfast love' of the Lord; (b) the 'faithfulness' of God; (c) the guidance of God - 'the Lord has led me'; (d) worshipping the Lord - 'Blessed be the Lord...'. We are to seek God's guidance, rejoicing in His love and trusting in His faithfulness. Looking to Christ, who went to the Cross for us, we are to say, with Him, 'I have come to do Thy will, O God', 'I will praise Thee', 'I will put my trust in Him', 'Here am I, and the children God has given Me' (Hebrews 10:7; 2:12-13). To those who do His will, praising Him and trusting Him, God will give much blessing - 'an overflowing blessing' (Malachi 3:10).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

I’d Rather Have Jesus Than Silver Or Gold.

Daniel 5:1-31 We are not to ‘praise the gods of gold and silver...’(4). Material possessions must never take the place of God. Seeki...